Is Trugreen Worth It?
A National Company vs DIY vs Local Lawn Care
Updated February 2021
When it comes to taking care of your lawn, you have options. A popular national choice is Trugreen—a company we have great respect for. Choosing a chain lawn care company comes with its own benefits and drawbacks. Is Trugreen worth it? Or should you DIY or hire a local lawn care company? To help you make your decision, we created a pro and con list.
Is Trugreen Worth It?
Trugreen is a very popular national lawn care company that provides a variety of lawn care services, including lawn maintenance services, seeding, disease control, insect control, weed control, treatments, fertilizer, and more.
- You know there is likely one in your region. If you decide to move someday, you might be able to stick with the same company.
- You can find plenty of reviews on the company. (Just be sure to look for your local branch because the one in California might have different success than the one in Pennsylvania.)
- This is one of the largest lawn care companies in the United States, and to them, you may be just another yard.
- You might not work with the same people every time.
- You may have to deal with automated messages when trying to schedule an appointment.
- National chain companies tend to have higher employee turnover rate than local companies.
DIY, or do-it-yourself, lawn care is a popular choice for homeowners just starting out or for people who like to play an active part in taking care of the home.
- It’s rewarding. Some people love spending their Saturdays tending to their lawns. It’s very rewarding to see your hard work pay off.
- The choice is yours, and you get to decide what products you use, like whether you’d like all organic fertilizers.
- It’s time-consuming. Expect to spend your weekends tending to your lawn.
- It will require research, especially if you want it to be as thorough as possible and rival the neighbors’ lawns that hire companies.
- In order to get your best lawn possible, you will need a lot of equipment, fertilizers, and more. It may end up costing you more than hiring a lawn care service.
Local Lawn Care Companies, like Green Lawn Fertilizing
You’re not limited to national chains or taking care of your lawn yourself! Some local lawn care companies have been in operation for decades, providing reliable services.
- They know the area, including which vegetation is appropriate and different diseases to look out for.
- They get to know you. Because local companies are often owned and operated by someone who also lives in the area, it’s more like working with a neighbor than a corporation.
- When you contact the company, you will more likely be speaking to a human than an automated phone system.
- Local companies tend to have a lower employee turnover rate than national companies.
- It will require research up-front. Look at websites, like Home Advisor, to help you make your decision. For example, you can find the reviews for Green Lawn Fertilizing here.
Choose local. Choose Green Lawn Fertilizing. We are your local lawn care professionals. We know the ins and outs of the Pennsylvania, Delaware, and New Jersey regions, helping make sure your lawn is the best it can be. Call us today at 888-581-5296 for a free quote.