You know trees are good for the air, but what do you know about grass and the environment? Does this plant also have a positive effect on the world?
Grass and the Environment
Grass is beneficial for the environment. Unlike dirt and pavement, grass earns its keep as it covers the ground. Here’s why:
- It takes up carbon dioxide and creates oxygen.
- It traps stormwater runoff, unlike soil, mulch, or gravel that allow rain to flow freely into storm drains, causing floods.
- It improves groundwater resources by preventing soil compaction. This helps areas that rely on precipitation for drinking water.
- It actually helps with noise control! Unlike pavement, it acts like an insulation panel, absorbing noises.
- It helps maintain a cooler temperature than building surrounded by concrete. That means it can even help lower your air coniditioning needs.
Maintain a Healthy Lawn with help from Green Lawn Fertilizing.
We offer a variety of services to make sure your yard has everything it needs to thrive. Check out our Green Lawn Program to learn more information about the year-round care we offer. It includes eight applications to address weeds, lawn health, and pests. Give us a call today at 888-581-5296 to schedule a service.