Take Back Your Yard with Our Mosquito Control Program
Globally, there are greater than 3,000 species of mosquitoes. The United States has approximately 200 documented species.
- Prevalent mosquitoes in our area include the Asian tiger mosquito (Aedes albopictus) and the northern house mosquito (Culex pipiens), which is believed to transmit the most cases of West Nile Virus in our region.
Every year diseases caused by mosquitoes such as malaria, yellow fever, dengue, and filarial worms kill or harm millions of people throughout the world.
Tired of being locked up inside because mosquitoes have taken over your yard?
Green Lawn Fertilizing offers a 6 application Mosquito Program. This program designed to control populations of adult mosquitoes on your property.
- Treatments will occur from the months of April through September
- Treatments occur approximately at 28 day intervals
- A minimum of 4 consecutive treatments is necessary to support optimum control of mosquitoes
- Months with the highest mosquito pressure are June, July, and August
Your state-certified mosquito technician will pay special attention too and treat harborage areas on your property; these harborage areas are where adult mosquitos live. This would include areas such as mulch beds, hedgerows, tall grass, ground cover, tree/shrub foliage as well as under decks and eaves.
- Only female mosquitos bite, this is because the female requires a blood meal in order to lay her eggs. Males feed only on nectar.
- Once a female is nourished with a blood meal, she can lay up to 250 eggs!
- Females are attracted to CO2 100-150 feet away
Special Event Spraying
Since mosquito-breeding season is especially prevalent in the summer months, Green Lawn Fertilizing recognizes the need for special event spraying. Whether you are throwing a surprise sweet sixteen birthday party for your child, having a Labor Day barbecue or a July 4th fireworks display, Green Lawn Fertilizing will be there to keep your family, pets and guest from being attacked by mosquitoes! Outdoor occasions as such will become more memorable when you do not have to worry about mosquitoes. We will treat the event area and any surrounding areas with a fast-acting, odor-free product that will greatly reduce the number of biting mosquitoes.
Below is a list of items you can do in coordination with our program to help reduce mosquito activity:
- Dispose or frequently empty containers, pots or similar water-holding vessels that have collected water on your property as these make great places for mosquitos to lay eggs.
- Pay special attention to discarded tires. Old tires are the preferred breeding ground for mosquitos as it offers a protected environment.
- Drill holes in the bottom of recycling containers kept outdoors.
- Clean roof gutters annually, particularly if trees surround the home. Clogged roof cutters create a perfect place for mosquito breeding.
- Turn over plastic wading pools, wheelbarrows, and birdbaths.
- Vegetation around the home should be thinned if dense, these heavily shaded areas become great adult harborage areas
- Keep grass consistently cut at 3-4 inches
- Cover wood piles
- Remove junk piles
- Keep ponds stocked with fish or have a fountain to keep water running. Mosquitoes will not lay eggs on running water and fish will eat mosquito larvae.
Let Green Lawn Fertilizing guard your family, home, and property from these bothersome pests.
Free Mosquito Estimate
See the difference a local company can make
We would be happy to provide you with a FREE Mosquito Control estimate! To speak to a Green Lawn Fertilizing mosquito control expert today, call us at 888-581-5296.
50% Off Mosquito Control
Sign Up Today! Offer Expires April 15, 2021
Lawn Insect Guide
Understand the insects most commonly found in lawns in this region and know how to keep them from damaging your property.