What Is the Best Grass Seed for PA and NJ?
One of the easiest ways to get the yard of your dreams is to choose the right grass seed. Many factors go into which seed is best for your lawn, including where you live, the climate, the amount of sun, and water availability. Learn what is the best grass seed for your lawn in PA or NJ.
Best Grass Seed Options for PA and NJ
- Tall Fescue: Tall fescue grass does well in the full sun or shade and is also resistant to drought. It can thrive in heavily trafficked areas, making it a great grass to use for your lawn. It should reach a height of 2 to 3.5 inches. It is considered a low-maintenance grass type and is great for homeowners looking for something that requires little effort and attention.
- Ryegrass: Ryegrass, also known as perennial ryegrass, has a quick germination time of five to seven days and it does well in full sun and okay in the shade. Ryegrass needs to be watered regularly but is fairly resistant to drought as long as it is not for an unusually extended period of time. Like tall fescue, ryegrass also does well in highly trafficked areas. Ryegrass is often used as an overseed if you need to fill in sparse or bare areas in your yard.
- Bentgrasses: This grass is often found on golf course putting greens. It has fine, slender, flat leaves with membranous ligules. It is considered high-maintenance, so likely not the best choice for your yard.
- Kentucky Bluegrass: This grass is soft and resilient with V-shaped blades and canoe-pointed tips. It has a darker green color than any other grass in the area can provide.
- Rough Bluegrass: Rough bluegrass tends to lie flat in one direction, creating a fine-textured, yellow-green lawn. This type of grass is quick to turn brown in summer if not watered enough.
- Fine Fescues: This type of grass remains green from season to season. The most identifiable characteristic of the fine fescues is their thin, folded blades and dull green-gray coloring.
For Your Healthiest Lawn Yet, Call Green Lawn Fertilizing.
The lawn care experts at Green Lawn Fertilizing know just how to tend to your yard so it’s the greenest and healthiest on the block. Serving our neighbors in Pennsylvania, Delaware, and New Jersey, we know all about what type of seed is best for this part of the country. Call us today at 888-581-5296 to get a free quote for our comprehensive Green Lawn Program and to find out about your lawn’s exact watering needs.